Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Bell Jar: Chapter 10

Journal Entry
#19
8 November 2007
Chapter 10
Page 126 Paragraph 3
Quote:
"I hadn't, at the last moment, felt like washing off the two diagonal lines of dried blood that marked my cheeks.They seemed touching, and rather spectacular, and I thought I would carry them around with me, like the relic of a dead lover, till they wore off of their own accord."

Esther likes to have her scars becuase it makes her feel and look tougher. She wants them as metals that you get for winning something like a race. She wants to beat someone up right now so the notes are perfect because she doesn't have to deal with the stress and late nights having to stay awake. Esther wants to feel strong, so she uses a scar she got from a woman heater to show it. She wants a long lasting scar like a tatto so she can feel tough all the time.

No comments: