Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Bell Jar: Chapter 5

Journal Entry
#10
November 8, 2007
Chapter 5
Page 62 Paragraph 2
Quote:
"It seemed to me Buddy Willard and I were like that Jewish man and that nun, although of course we weren't Jewish or Catholic but Unitarian. We had met together under our own imaginary fig tree, and what we had seen wasn't a bird coming out of an egg but a baby coming out of a woman, and then something awful happened and we went our separate ways."

It's sometimes pretty cool when you have a story that relates to you. I like to have stories relate to me because it means I'm not the only person like me that is going through these certain things around me. It makes me feel like I can deal with what I'm going through, if it's hard. The people are going through the stuff, so I can too. I think that is the way Esther feels too.

No comments: