Friday, January 4, 2008

Night: 5

Journal
#5
December 26, 2007
Page 42 paragraph 1
Quote:
"'Take care of your son, He's very weak and dried up. Look after him well, to avoid the selection. Eat! It doesn't matter what or when. Eat everything you can. The weak don't hang about for long here...'"

The German soldiers would pick out the weak and old that were unable to work to die and be cremated. So the only advice that you could give people was to eat all you could when you were given food. Even when they got food though, they didn't have enough to fill their bellies, so after a couple of months, they would all look weak, so they would have to choose the stronger of the weak. If you didn't want to live anymore, then I guess you'd want to be the weaker one, but if you wanted to stay you would have to prove it. I would try to make myself as strong as possible, I would try to live my life as long as possible.

No comments: