Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 13

Journal Entry
#20
October 11, 2007
Chapter 13
Page 92 Paragraph 1
Quote:
"I mean most girls are so dumb and all. After you neck them for a while, you can really watch them losing their brains. You take a girl when she really gets passionate, she just hasn't any brains."

Holden doesn't seem to understand, that girls have more than one use. To him, every girl, except Jane, is just good for kissing or necking. Girls actually do like to have conversations with guys and get to know them, not just lock lips. If Holden was kissing me, I would be losing my brains because the thought of him kissing me is repulsive. I mean to kiss a guy with all this stuff going through his head, and you knowing about it. It would be very awkward, and if he tried necking me, I would slap him, or beat him down.

No comments: