Friday, October 12, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 19

Journal Entry
#26
October 12, 2007
Chapter 19
Page 148 Paragraph 1
Quote:
"I can never get really sexy-I mean really sexsy-with a girl I don't like a lot. I mean I have to like her a lot. If I don't, I sort of lose my goddam desire for her and all. Boy, it really screws up my sex life something awful."

Holden is like all boys. He tells people what he thinks that they want to talk about. Like boys when they talk in the lockerroom, they just tell each other the immagure stuff they've done or stuff their going to do, because that is what they have to do to be accepted into teenage boy society, really people should like you for what you say and for what you do normally. Boys have this big ego, so when it gets hurt, they usually get mad or depressed. Men need to realize that girls are not just toys that you can do what ever you want to. Women have personalities, likes, dislikes, and boys that she doesn't like. Girls are not just sex toys, as they are described in this book.

No comments: