Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 14

Journal Entry
#21
October 11, 2007
Chapter 14
Page 104 Paragraph 3
Quote:
"I felt like jumping out the window. I probably would've, too, if I'd been sure somebody'd cover me up as soon as I landed. I didn't want a bunch of stupid rubbernecks looking at me when I was all gory."

Holden is a little different than everyone else because if someone esle committed suicide, they would want to be noticed, that is why they usually do it. Holden wouldn't want to be noticed though because then people would notice him, and he doesn't like to be noticed. He likes to do things so people wont now he's gone till he left, an he doesn't like to draw attention to himself, I think though that he's just scared of jumping out the window because he knows that his life is not ment to end yet. Holden likes to be different than everyone else, that is how he is noticed, for being different, but that makes me think that he does like attention, but doesn't admit it because that is not what Holden would have done.

2 comments:

marissa said...

the fact that you said that people commit suicide for attention is so false and not okay please take this down or re word it

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.