Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 25

Journal Entry
#31
October 12, 2007
Chapter 25
Page 211 Paragraph 7
Quote:
"All the kids kept trying to grab for the gold ring, and so was old Phoebe, and I was sort of afraid she'd fall off the goddam horse, but I didn't say anything or do anything. The thing with kids is, if they want to grab for the gold ring, you have to let them do it, and not say anything. If they fall off, they fall off, but it's bad if you say anything to them."

Whenever Holden is with Pheobe he always acts more grown up and mature. He's scared that she will fall off, and it is good that he is causious about what is going on around him. Usually he acts like and idiot, but here he acts like a big brother that loves his sister, and will do anything to keep her safe and happy. I'm sure I'd do the same thing for my little sister, because sometimes I feel responsible for her and I feel like I need to step up to the plate, and act like the mature one that knows it all. I act like she is wahing my every move. You always feel so big and important when you are around younger kids/siblings.

No comments: