Friday, October 12, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 20

Journal Entry
#27
October 12, 2007
Chapter 20
Page 155 Paragraph 1
Quote:
"Boy, when you're dead, they really fix you up. I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody."

Holden sounds just like my mom and dad. They say that when they die, they want to be burried in a wooden box, and they want the box to go into a whole in the dirt. I personally think that it is the best way to go in the end because the wood will decompose so it won't mess up the ecosystem. Holden has his good times and bad times. I think he cares about stuff, he just tries so hard, unconciously, he always ends up screwing things up.

No comments: