Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 5

Journal Entry
#9
September 25, 2007
Chapter 5
Page 36 paragraph 1
Quote:
" ...I yelled over and asked old Ackley if he wanted to go to the movies...he always had to know who was going...I told him Mal Brossard was going. He said, 'That bastard...All right. Wait a second.'"

Ackley is always portrayed as this tough guy that is stupid, when Holden explains him. I think that Ackley really just wants to have friends, but doesn't know how. I'm thinking right now that Ackley is one of Holden's best friends, because he always wants to hang out with Holden. I mean he is always in Holden's room whenever Holden is in there, and he's always telling Holden about how he feels, like a true friends would confide in each other. I also don't think that Ackley is such a tough guy, he just puts that on just so people won't tease him or make fun of him.

No comments: