Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 6

Journal Entry
#12
September 25, 2007
Chapter 6
Page 41
Stradlater got back from his date with Jane and he asks Holden for the composition he was asked to write. Stradlater sees that it was about a glove and gets mad at Holden because he didn't do it right. Holden takes the paper, rips it up and throws it in the trash, and Stradlater gets mad.

Holden does something a little kid would have done, by throwing away the composition. A kid would have thrown it away to say something like, " fine, it you don't like my work, then you can write it yourself, out of spite. I would probably argued saying that they said I could write about anything descriptive. Then later on if I was really mad, I might have thrown it away, but I doubt it would have made me feel better because I worked hard on that composition, it should be appreciated. I think that Holden needs to mature a little more for him to fully understand things, and thinking before he does or says anything.

No comments: