Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Catcher in the Rye: Chapter 5

Journal Entry
#10
September 25, 2007
Chapter 5
Page 38 paragraph 1
Quote:
"My brother Allie...he was two years younger than I was, but he was about fifty times times as intelligent.His teachers were always telling her what a pleasure it was having a boy like Alllie in their class. But it wasn't just that he was the most inteligent memeber in the family. He was also the nicest, in lots of ways. He never got mad at anybody."

Right now Allie seems to be the Christ like figure, whether it is just for Holden, or he is the Christ like figure throughout the whole book. In every good book there should be a Christ like figure I think, or at least in the complex books where you have to think a lot. I bet a lot of the good memories that Holden has will deal with Allie. Allie is the first person that Holden has held in high esteam so far in the book. Is Allie Holden's idol? I'm thinking yes.

No comments: